Education in India
India has the third largest system of higher education in the world after the United States and China. According to All India Survey on Higher Education, an enormous total of 3,45,84,781 students was enroled in colleges in the year 2015-16. At present, India has 799 universities, 39071 colleges and 11923 Stand Alone Institutions. That’s a lot to choose from!!! With so much of competition and number of choices, the confusion in the minds of students keeps on growing. Once you’ve sorted out the field you want to pursue the hard thing is to find a suitable college. Choosing a perfect university is very important for it not only decides the kind of education one gets, but it also shapes one’s future. So how to find the best university for you? Well here are some to choose from.
A Brief on India’s Higher Education System
At the tertiary level, the University Grants Commission (UGC) is the main governing body the system. It advises the government and helps coordination between centre and state. All the Universities are indirectly governed by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). According to UGC, over 178,000 students enroled in research programs in 2014-15.
And above all, technical education has come like a wave in India. Out of 27.3 million students enrolled in undergraduate studies, 4.5 million are in engineering fields. Engineering is like the latest trend in education. Other popular courses are Masters/Bachelors in technology, science, business management, and arts.
National Institute of Ranking Framework
So the million dollar question is, how to decide which university is the best? One of the easiest mode to find the answer is National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF). NIRF is the approach adopted by MHRD to rank India’s top institution. The institutions are ranked separately based on the areas of their work. One can take a look at the official website. It contains ranking of institutions based on different fields.
Let’s discuss the best universities
For the reason that it is really hard and confusing to decide a good university, here is a short list of best universities and colleges according to the designated field. So, here are some of the best universities in India:
Universities are attractive if you are looking for overall education and courses. But if you have already made up your mind regarding the course then looking for the best universities who provide the best education in the field of your choice is always a better option.
Best Universities for Engineering in India
Almost all the engineering colleges in India are approved by All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]. For people who want to dive into the wave of engineering, here is a list of some of the best universities providing engineering courses in India.
Best Engineering Universities:
- PDM University
- Anna University, Chennai
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges [CGC], Landran, Mohali
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, [DSCE] Bangalore
- Dronacharya Group of Colleges
- Acharya Institute of Technology, [AIT] Bangalore
- Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, [GRIET] Hyderabad
- Aligarh Muslim University, [AMU] Aligarh
Best Universities for Management in India
MBA courses are among the most popular postgraduate courses in India. Many universities provide the course. The two-year course called Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and a one year course for One year Executive MBA Programme.
Here are some of the best universities providing management courses for MBA aspirants:
- Lovely Professional University [LPU] Jalandhar
- PSG Institute of Management, [PSGIM] Coimbatore
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- Jain University, Bangalore
Other Universities and Colleges
For students with their eyes set on fields like Medicine, Arts, Architecture, and Commerce, these colleges provide valuable knowledge and facilities for such courses.
- Insitute of Clinical Research India
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology and Sciences, [SHIATS] Allahabad
- Patanjali University, Haridwar
- Alva’s College, Moodbidri
- Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration, Kolkata
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science Humanities and Commerce, [BVCSHC] Hyderabad
Top Colleges in India
Colleges in India have to maintain a certain standard to get students to take admission. They also must be approved by UGC. Colleges and Universities must impart quality education for students to keep choosing such colleges. Here is a list of top colleges around India:
- Top M.Tech Environmental Engineering Colleges in India
- Top Mining Engineering Colleges in India
- Top M.Tech Mechanical Engineering Colleges in India
- Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Pharm.D Colleges in India
- Top MBBS Colleges in India
- Top BMM Colleges in India
- Top Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Top MCA Colleges in India
- Top B.Sc Agriculture Colleges in India
- Top BPT Colleges in India
- Top MBA Colleges in Hyderabad